THQ Nordic has officially revealed Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered for Nintendo Switch, with a release date of 2nd July already firmly in place.
Fans of the title will likely remember that Switch controller icons were spotted in the Windows version of the game last summer. We suspected that a Switch version must have been in the works – because why else would they be there? – and sure enough, the game is now confirmed. Hooray!
The announcement comes alongside a trailer (which we’ve included above) and we have lots of juicy details for you below thanks to today’s press release:
Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered – Nintendo Switch™ Features:
– Choice between Performance and Quality Mode
– Fully reworked graphics – heavily reworked textures and graphic features adding, for example, specular maps
– Improved shadow rendering
– Improved lighting
– Reworked shaders and postprocessing
– Optional Motion Controls for a better sense of aiming while playing in handheld mode
About Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered
Set 50 years after the climactic events of the original Red Faction, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. Red Faction: Guerrilla still defines the limits of destruction-based game-play with a huge open-world, fast-paced guerrilla-style combat, and true physics-based destruction.
– Open World Guerrilla Warfare – You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilise guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets. Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF’s grip on Mars.
– Strategic Destruction – Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls.
– Evolving & Emergent Gameplay – Carve your path through an ever-changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics – mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.
– Epic Sci-Fi Setting – Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire.
– Multiplayer Combat – There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.
As mentioned above, you’ll be able to pick the game up from 2nd July for £26.99 / 29,99€ / $29.99.
Excited for this one? As always, we’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.