Marginalia Hero is an odd game for sure. It basically turns medieval artwork into some strange kind of endless RPG. With a series of well-timed taps, you’ll battle enemies, earn gold, and purchase new equipment.
There’s not an awful lot to this rather simple experience on paper, but there’s plenty of hidden depth lurking beneath the surface. In this guide, we’re going to provide a few tips and tricks to help bring you up to speed.
Marginalia Hero Tips and Tricks:
- Forget learning the rhythm of combat: Marginalia Hero may look and act like it prides itself on rhythmic combat – and in the early stages it kind of does. Later on though, it will throw you off the scent by just changing the rhythm of your taps willy-nilly. Don’t get into a false sense of security.
- You can’t miss a target: Once you see a target appear, you have to hit it. You can’t just keep spinning around the wheel until you feel confident. Just go for it, or you’re a dead man anyway.
- Double all rewards with ads: Each time you beat a particularly tricky enemy, you’ll get a bunch of gold. You can also watch an ad to double the amount of gold and we strongly recommend doing so. It gives you considerably more.
- Buy some new gear: You can purchase new weapons, armour, and companions with your gold. Do so. This can either improve your statistics or provide other bonuses like extra gold on an accurate hit.
- Pay attention to the number to the left of gear: The number to the left of gear details its power, with one being the weakest. We wouldn’t recommend wasting your money on another piece of gear with the same score as the one you already have unless you’re literally loaded.
- Grab some charms: Charms provide one-off bonuses that can help you with a tricky enemy. We recommend keeping a stock of these and only using them when you struggle. It’s not worth wasting them if you don’t need them.
- Use the Royal Tournament to practice: If you’re really struggling with the main game, use the Royal Tournament mode to practice your skills. This is an endless version of the main game that you can play to, hopefully, top the leaderboard and it throws a lot at you.
- Use the companion that’s right for you: Companions provide persistent bonuses and we recommend choosing the one that’s most useful to you. Don’t just pick the one that’s the most powerful.