The Mission at Blackjack Apprenticeship is:
- To train successful, profitable card counters
- To provide the best blackjack resources for card counters
- To create a place for meaningful community for card counters
With that mission in mind, and roughly 10 years after its inception, we’ve launched an entirely new version of BlackjackApprenticeship.com.
The What and Why:
Separate Front-end and Member’s Area
All Member’s resources (videos, training drills, forum, podcasts, bankroll management app, etc) are now on members.blackjackapprenticeship.com. Without boring you with the technical stuff that I hardly understand, this decision ensures that everything stays secure and provides more flexibility moving forward.
We’ve completely rebuilt blackjackapprenticeship.com from scratch. Beyond making the website faster, we’ve made the experience better on mobile and updated the design. The change also gave us an opportunity to remove some of the bloated stuff that accumulated over 10 years. What was good and relevant in 2008 isn’t necessarily good or relevant today.
New Member’s Area
In light of our mission, this is where the majority of the changes happened. Here’s a quick rundown:
- New Membership software – I won’t get into the details, but this was necessary… and a huge pain in the @$$.
- New Forum Software – In our Member’s Survey, the Forum was the highest rated part of our Membership. So we wanted to make it more user-friendly, easier to navigate, and easier to network with other card counters. We will also be able to add more features in the future (yeah, we’ve got things in the works).
- New Podcast Player – Members have said that listening to the Podcasts, sometimes multiple times through, have become a big part of growing their knowledge base. So with this new Podcast section, it’s much simpler to navigate through, and listen to, the growing catalog of Members-only podcasts.
- Updated Dashboard – We gave the dashboard and video course pages a facelift. The video course has a new design and a few bugs have been addressed.
- New Casino411 Software – In order to fix some integration issues, we rebuilt Casino411 (our Casino database) from scratch. This will also provide us more flexibility to make future improvements.
This has been a big undertaking… we’ve actually been working on it for over a year now! We are really excited for how these changes will help us serve the BJA community moving forward. However, as with any project of this size, it will likely have a few wrinkles that will need to get ironed out. So please do let us know if you find an issue, but be patient as we get everything to 100%.
Thanks so much for being a part of the BJA Community and for being part of the .01% of people taking money out of casinos!
Until next time, keep generating EV!